Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Getting Organized: To-Do Lists

Housework is boring. Cooking can be very boring. Grocery shopping can be boring. Unorganized crafting can be stressful. Pretty much everything that needs done on a regular basis, or something that takes more time than you have in one sitting, feels like a chore because you usually forget everything that needs to be done by the time you're ready to do it.

So what do you do in these situations?

I am obsessed with making lists. To me, it makes everything seem like so much more fun when I can cross it off my list when I have finished it. It is one of the reasons my house is clean, because I have a cleaning check list and I love marking things off as it's finished.

But one thing I hated about my to-do lists, is that I would always lose them. Or that I would get too many different lists in one place and not have an organized way of keeping them neat.

So when I found this on sale at Target the other day (only $3.98!) I jumped on the opportunity. It is completely awesome.

First of all it is a spiral notebook so it keeps all my lists together, and I can look back on old lists to see what I have accomplished in the past. I also never have to wonder where my list went off to, because it is always gonna be in this book. I love it!

Second of all, it has a great set up for organizing my lists. It has the cute little pink square at the top so I can write the title of the list. Then it has the huge section for the actual list which is awesome.

But it also has this nifty little sidebar which helps me categorize my list in larger groups if necessary! I love it!

Now when I'm brainstorming a new project, making a grocery list, checking for organizing efficiency,  or writing my to-do list for the day, everything is at my finger tips allowing me to focus on what needs to get done.

How about you? How do you organize your lists? How do you remember what needs to be done?

4 comments:

  1. I write lists too dear Jess!! Mine aren't as neat as your lol. ;-) But love yours more!! Hope your having a wonderful day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog. You might like this cartoon about "getting organized". http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/02/cartoon_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful article! The power of to-do lists are beyond description. It helps you get organised so that you may work one step at a time to achieve your goals. I personally use a to-do list for everything I do. It helps me list all my priorities of the day, and I make sure I complete them! Furthermore, it is fun. I have provided many ideas on how to optimise one's list (be it manually or electronically) at http://www.holisticlivingannex.com/2012/04/power-of-to-do-list.html

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way your covered your letters READ! I also just started a blog, come on over and join me. www.sewcraftykathy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete